Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gary Hayes Social Media Count



This is pretty crazy that it never stops. It makes sense that it never stops because there are so many people using the internet and these programs. It just makes you think about how people are so dependent on the internet and some programs that they use it so much. This counter is definitely news to me and I had never had to think about all of the people using the internet. It is cool to see something like this to give you an idea of what the world is doing out there. I just cant believe that it goes so fast!
I think that if this counter is changing so fast now, it will be doing the same if not faster when I become a teacher. By the time that I am teaching, I think that the kids will be more involved with the internet than they are now. I could use this counter to show the class so they know how big the internet is and it isn't just something we use in Alabama. The internet is another world to me and I want to show the children that. They need to see the changing pace of our society and the societies of the world. This will be a great lesson to teach my future students. I still cant believe this thing!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this particular assignment. I thought it was so neat! I agree with you how crazy it is that it never stops...I guess it would defeat the purpose of it being a "counter" if it did.

    ReplyDelete